Friday, August 5, 2011

'Lost the Momentum'

It has been a while since I wrote in this blog because I have been in procrastination mode. Unable to get motivated I think I now have a second wind and am hoping that I can move forward with the next set of tasks for this project.
I have been contemplating how to move forward with The Jane Austen Experience and I think that it would be useful to talk about the obstacles that I didn't see coming. Once I have got those out in the open I can move to create the new.

I think that I have spent the last six months trying to get the first activities finished and now it is my own self-doubt that is getting in the way. I spent the whole holiday break thinking I would find some time to dress up and photograph myself doing the tasks but instead I had to run around doing other things.
So how do I motivate myself?

I think a deadline always helps but I need to regain my interest in this project. I am also trying to find a way to incorporate the interviews I did with two very knowledgeable experts. I want to find a way to place them into the project and also retain the overall goal: that is to experience some of the home duties for a woman in the early nineteenth century.

I think I could do this if I could work within any part of the text. For example, I work in a linear manner. This means that I have to work in order which is sometimes very obstructing. It becomes too hard to pull out any section and just complete it. So I will now have to organise myself so I can get on with the job at hand!
I need to start on one activity at a time and continue so that the next 5000 words get completed.

This has turned out to be a blog about venting my frustrations but I hope that I will have something more interesting for you to read in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment