Friday, November 4, 2011

'The End Is Here'

It has been a while since I wrote anything for this blog. I am very disappointed that I didn't write more and include more photos. I am hoping that this entry will make up for my lack of blogging! I set out on this journey to explore and experience the world of the Regency period and within the body of  10 000 words, I feel I have achieved what I could in the time frame we had. There is still so much to do if I want to turn this into a book and I know that although I did not get all the tasks completed I will eventually get them done.

I have learnt a lot about myself  this past year and I feel that I have grown as a writer. Understanding oneself is no mean feat and with all the added workload I have had, I think I have done well!

Now away with the moaning and groaning!

This semester I hoped to achieve enough words for assessment and I did that. I hoped to have had a finished project worthy of a readership and I have done that.I hoped if any to learn that I can write well and that I can push myself outside my comfort zone and I think I have done that. So, where to now with The Jane Austen Experience; well I want to continue my journey and complete what I think would make a great book and if not get it formally published, I would like to look into self-publishing it.

So as the 2011 academic year comes to a close, along with completing my Diploma of Professional Writing & Editing, I am grateful to all those who had to endure workshopping this project! I hope at least that you learnt something because that was what I was hoping to do. Or at least evoke some passion and motivation for your wonderful projects! I would like to thank Irene for her continued support throughout the last two years and for giving valuable feedback that has helped me to write something with merit!

Finally I hope that everyone has been able to achieve their goals too!

Enjoy some of the following photos of someone I do not quite recognise!






No comments:

Post a Comment