Saturday, March 12, 2011

'Ink Wells All Round'

I ventured out to the antique shops
to browse; instead I came out of
there with two ink wells for the price
of one. I didn't really want two,however,
the man at the store said I could have
them both!

Each one is the exact replica of the
other, but one has a large inside crack
that allows it to have a very slow leak!
Not good when I planned to put ink in it!
The other has no cracks in the glass,
thank goodness or I would be out of pocket $40.

The ink well has a rim of silver at the top; the glass is very thick and shape like a diamond. I am excited that the quill I have, will stand up nicely inside it.

All I have to achieve now is to learn how to write an 18th Century inspired letter; with all the curves of artistic writing and the joining of letters that flow so beautifully together.

With some luck, I will have a talent I didn't know I had!

To My Dearest Followers,
I will endeavour to correspond when time permits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment