Sunday, March 27, 2011

' Old Copper Washtubs'

It has been a while since my last post, but I was waiting till I had something more interesting to show you. I had sent out emails; I had searched between Ballarat and Castlemaine for the one item I do not have for The Jane Austen Experience.

I was hoping to find a washtub I could use for one of the activities. I searched again high and low, to no avail. I had given up all hope in finding what I needed. We did come across an old steel washtub but at the price of $95, it was out my budget.

So by this time the likelihood of finding one in the vicinity of Ballarat was poor and I thought I would have to use a very modern bucket instead.

During the week, I was busy reading for other classes when my husband turned up with this wonderful original copper washtub. As you can see it has seen better days but it is perfect for washing my clothes with the washboard. After a bit of high pressure washer action, it has come up trumps! I am proud to say I have an original copper washtub!
Instead of it being $95, it was a cool $50. It may need a bit more tender loving care before I use it, but I think it is pretty good!

So as it stands now, I have been accumulating many props for this project and I am looking to photograph each activity as soon as I finish sewing! Hopefully by next weekend!

Dearest Followers,
I dare to dream that my journey is of substance to your sensibilities.

1 comment:

  1. The tub looks excellent! It is just what you need, and is authentic! I can't wait to see photos of you in your dress doing all these activities! It will be so exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete