Thursday, February 24, 2011

'All Things Sewing'

In my past few posts, I have been a little stressed as to how I was going to sew my costume. Well all is not lost when you have been offered help from many friends and family.

I was lucky to get an amazing offer from someone who is extremely skilled at sewing and dressmaking. I did have to turn them down because of schedule problems, but I am endeavouring to soldier on and sew it myself.

So, where am I up to?

My Pride and Prejudice costume is still in the development stage but it is also one step closer. I have just gone out and purchased the material, the colours are beautiful; creams and browns. I also bought the ribbons and braids in same tones and some very modern but interesting wooden buttons. I have also bought some calico for practice; which I was advised was a good idea!

The thought entered my mind that I may need a bonnet; because I am doing household chores for most of the activities, I thought a very stylish muslin cap was more appropriate. With this in mind I purchased the very light material needed to sew one.

I am getting excited about this project and all that is involved in creating something unique. I think I will even gain some new skills. So before I know it, I will have my costume ready and we can begin to photograph some of the tasks.

All I need to do is brush up on those sewing skills I learnt in High School! I hope they help! Anyway, I am looking forward to trying.

So stay reading to see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment